You’re basically an interior decorator now.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mini fire escape that is close to every New Yorker’s heart. Who thought these scary things could actually be totally adorable and hold a ton of stuff — not me!
Promising Review: “I am so in love with this product. It is so useful, you can add little planters, battery operated candles, pictures etc. Every time someone comes in, they have to give us compliments of this beauty.
2. A cloud shaped acrylic mirror — It can make an empty room look chic. Not only will it help you take Insta-worthy selfies but it’s a fabulous piece of decor for under 20 bucks.
Promising review: “If wavy mirrors have been occupying rent-free space in your head but you don’t possess the funds to cop one, then here’s an under-$100 MVP for you! I very quickly carted this $20 Amazon find after going on a hunt for affordable blob mirrors (spoiler alert: there aren’t many) and was not disappointed. Although it’s small and not very hefty (as reviewers warned, the quality is pretty thin and light), it serves its vibey purpose; good for selfies and looks cool with the rest of my desk baubles.”
3. A gorgeous area rug with a color scheme that’ll transport you to a sandy beach. Something about a rug makes every room look fancier because they usually cost an arm and a leg (but thankfully this one does not).
4. A peel-and-stick wall mural featuring abstract art that’s beautiful enough to be in the MoMA. Perfect for tricking anyone into thinking you’re a ~connoisseur~ of fine art even though you’re just using it to spruce up empty walls, desks, tables, and counters.
The wallpaper comes in sizes 66″x96″ and 100″x144″ and 25 different styles. It won’t leave any marks or residue behind so it’s safe for renters and homeowners.
Promising Review: “This company has always delivered the best quality. The colors are very vibrant. Each and every mural I’ve purchased has transformed my rooms. Most importantly, it is very easy to install.”
5. An abstract wall decal that looks like it was painted on by a professional. Once you see this, you’ll want to decorate your place to fit this decor and not the other way around.
And no worries, this is removable.
Utah-based small biz KennaSatoDesigns sells cool wall decor, prints, and gifts like mugs and phone cases.
6. Velvet curtains so you can live like a Queen on Casterly Rock, aka these look like they were plucked from the set of Game of Thrones. They also completely block out any light and are insulated to keep the room colder in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Promising Review: “These teal velvet curtains are high quality and worth the money. They are dramatic, luxurious and blackout the light when needed. They come with tie backs that match. It added just enough drama to my bay window and blacking our light when I need it. You won’t need shutters with these curtains.
7. A ceramic hands catch all tray that looks like the jewelry is handing it straight to you. Placing your necklace, candles, and any other miscellaneous items will instantly make them look like an interesting piece of decor.
Made by Rheal a Black- and queer-owned business based in Oakland, CA. Rheal’s pieces include jewelry, blankets, pots, coasters, and more.
Promising review: “This little beauty is everything I hoped it would be! It’s on the small side, but it’s perfect for rings or other tiny treasures and I absolutely love looking at it every day. It’s well crafted and was packed with so much care. I’m looking for excuses to buy more!” —amberandhoneycomb
8. A decorative book display with real hardcover books so everyone on Zoom will think you’re a super organized bibliophile. All orders are customizable meaning you can choose the color scheme and the number of books you want.
Promising Review: “If you’ve been looking for decorative books, then look no more — you’ve found your shop! Colors are true to photos and I love how they were real books! Not those hallow, fake ones you see often. This made decorating very easy, fast shipping, and quality superb. Will be ordering more from here in the future!”
9. A 100% genuine leather pillow cover so everyone will know that you’re very important. You have many leather-bound pillowcovers and your apartment smells of rich mahogany scented Febreze (or whatever it is that Ron Burgundy said).
10. A sculpted female figure vase that belongs in The Louvre. This ultimate accent piece is an instant conversation starter and can be used to hold anything tbh.
Promising Review: “I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s the pandemic which has us all staying home and not dressing up as much, but this little figurine has been empowering and a great pick-me-up lately. I love how I have it in my vanity area.”
11. A faux marble computer desk which comes preassembled. It also has space in the front and the back for you to store papers and supplies, plus the wire grommet ensures your cables never end up in knots.
12. A beautiful upholstered mid-century velvet accent chair that is just as amazing to look at as it is to sit in. This comfy stunner will become your new throne.
Promising Review: “What a beauty! I’m in love with this chair. Brings a sense of elegance to my living room. Perfect color green.”
13. A hot pink velvet couch which will make you sing ♫ I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world.”♫ Thankfully, they made an adult piece of furniture for all of us who can’t get over our pink or doll obsession.
14. Polished geode agate bookends that are just begging to make an appearance in the background of your next Zoom meeting. If books are the whipped cream of great decor, than these bookends are the cherry on top.
Promising review: “Love it, rocks are BEAUTIFUL. Showed up on time and these are great book holders. I have this across my fireplace mantle and have had nothing but compliments. Highly recommended for the crystal quality and I’ll definitely be ordering more in other colors in the future.
15. Ceramic lip planters which will surely make a statement. This looks fab with *or* without the plant and is the perfect nightstand or bookstand decor.
Shelby Sells Co. is an Odessa, Texas-based shop with tons of cute planters, mugs, dog bandanas, and more.
Promising review: “Great quality and exactly as pictured. It’s a nice heavy pot. I love it!”
16. An artificial hanging eucalyptus bundle to give your room that artsy look… even if your walls are completely empty otherwise. No need to spend money on fancy art — this will become the piece de resistance of your home decor.
Promising review: “Wow! I’ve been looking for eucalyptus leaves for a while but haven’t been able to find one with a branch and string like this. It matches perfectly with my room decor. I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves plants. It’s a beautiful product, a must buy!”
17. An uber classy mobile bar cart because empty bottles of cheap vodka lining the top of your cabinets does not count as decor. This has 360-degree swivel wheels with a built-in wine rack and enough space to fit liquor, glasses, and food.
Promising Review: “Exactly what I was looking forward. Wheels work great, it looks more expensive than it is and it’s the perfect size. Glad I went with this. People always comment on how nice the bar cart looks.
18. A vine wall decal that will make your home look like one of those fancy estates. Thankfully, these are fake so you won’t need a gardener.
Promising review: “I LOVE how beautiful these are, like hand-painted beads on my little one’s closet doors. They look great on a soft sage green background. There’s a tiny bit of texture in the paint which you can see through the decal at the right angle, but most often guests assume I painted them myself! The smoother the surface the better, but I would definitely buy these again.
19. A stunning floor-length mirror to completely steal the show with its elegant silver mosaic design. It’ll put a Pinterest-worthy spin on your mirror selfies while making your space look bigger and brighter.
Promising Review: “This mirror is so beautiful in my living room. It glitters and shines from every angle. I would describe the frame as a champagne color, a bit gold and a bit silver. Perfect, luxurious looking color for any decor. Brings so much brightness to the space. Very happy with my purchase!”
20. A marble adhesive film that will make your home look like a palace. *I* personally used these on my drab bathroom and counters and it looked like a luxury apartment afterwards. (Psst, when I took it off there was no damage and I got my full deposit back).
Promising review: “Used a little more than one roll for a quick makeover for an ugly fireplace in a rental apartment. Easy to cover the tiles with the film, and could stretch the film out about one mm if had cut the strip too short; makes a huge difference for minimal effort/price. Don’t think anyone would be squinting down at the floor to notice the pixelated pattern.”
21. Pampas grass so walking through your home can feel like frolicking through a meadow. Each order comes with fluffy long stems of light beige pampas grass that will complement any style, from minimalism to post-modern.
Promising Review: “My wife loves this pampas! Specially because it makes the apartment entrance look glamorous. It looks very delicate and elegant.”
22. A pair of two stunning vases that look handmade. These are definitely worthy of being centerpieces at your wedding and your fancy (just for guests) dining room table.
Promising review: “These are absolutely STUNNING! I have gotten so many compliments and questions on where I have purchased them! They are super unique and beautiful! The bronze rose gold wiring is very sturdy and the glass tube that the water and rose goes in fits perfectly inside of the wiring. I love that it comes with a set of two and that they are different sizes, they look absolutely beautiful together.
23. A pink seashell pillow to make your house feel like a ~beach house~ even if you’re living in a state that is perpetually freezing. BRB, I’m currently adding this to cart.
Promising review: “This is such a cool pillow for the price. The color is very true to the listing, very vibrant and retro vibes galore.”
24. A catch all ceramic leaf that could make a $10 ring look like a precious stone. Place these everywhere so you never lose fancy costume jewelry or those elusive hair ties.
Promising review: “Very cute! I bought it for a friend for her birthday and she loved it. It’s very aesthetically pleasing and nice to the touch, but definitely will break if you drop it, so keep it in a safe area. It’s the perfect size to display your special jewelry. It’s very nicely made, and is perfect for someone that loves that natural aesthetic.
25. An electric led log which actually produces heat and a realistic crackle, adding a touch of elegance to any apartment home. Just picture yourself sitting by the log with a robe on and a cigar in hand.
Getting a little too hot? Turn the heater off and enjoy the flames and crackling on their own!
Promising review: “So realistic! I absolutely love these logs! I searched through every set on Amazon and online, and finally settled on this set. I am so glad I did! The remote control makes it very easy, and the flames and logs look amazingly real. The crackle of the fire can be turned on or off and can also be adjusted…low/high. It sounds so real, I feel the need to put a fireplace screen up. This is an excellent product. No problems whatsoever. Opened the box and plugged it in. It’s very hard to tell they are not real. It’s soothing, relaxing, and comforting. One of the greatest purchases I’ve ever made.”
26. A faux palm silk tree so everyone will think you’re a plant mom. This beauty requires no water or maintenance and will make you feel like you’re in sunny Florida year round.
Promising review: “I have always disliked ‘fake’ plants because they were some kind of rubbery plastic that looked fake. This is totally different. I wanted a dramatic plant to fill a blah dining room corner and I took a chance on this. I am really impressed with it. The fronds are ‘nearly natural’ and can be bent/manipulated to shape the plant as you wish.”
27. A sturdy macrame hammock swing chair that will make you feel like a Disney Princess as you relax and sway back and forth. It can be hung indoors or outdoors, and is the perfect addition if you’re looking for decor that is functional and chic.
Promising review: “My granddaughters love, love, love these chairs. I saw a storm brewing on Christmas morning if i only bought one and decided to get one for each sister. They are nuts about these chairs! Built well, nice decor for their rooms, very comfortable.”
28. A stained glass window decal to make it look like there is always a rainbow shining through your house. Positive vibes + beautiful scenery = a home you will never want to leave.
Promising review: “My kitchen window is on the sidewalk near the community mailboxes. Lots of people walking by. I loathe mini blinds which collect dust and grease. Especially since the stove is next to the window. Curtains are better, but still collect cooking smells and grease particles. I installed this in about ten minutes. It lets in light, but hides me from nosy people.”
29. A wire sculpture with a minimalist irregular face design so guests think that you’ve commissioned an artist to hand craft your decor.
Audrey Rose Design is a London-based interior design boutique with all sorts of modern wall art, vases, candles, cushion covers, and more.