Two Restaurants Are Opened By Bon Jovi That Allow Needy People To Eat Free Of Cost

Do you know Bon Jovi?

Jon Bon Jovi is popularly-known for his music, but very few people are well-informed with the kind of things he does in making the world a better place for everyone.

His Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation in 2006 had aimed at assisting community efforts in breaking the cycle of both homelessness and poverty.

One of the most noticeable deeds of the foundation is the launching of the JBJ Soul Kitchen, a community restaurant where people in need can eat free of charge.

In October 2011, the first restaurant was situated in the Red Bank Area, New Jersey while the second one, which opened in 2016 was situated near Toms River, a location that was significantly affected by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

The aim of the two restaurants was to fight against food security in a dignifying way without being judged. Both in-need and paying customers were wholeheartedly welcome.

On the menu list, there were no prices and for individuals who could afford a meal, a donation of $20 was encouraged. On the other hand, people who can’t offer any payment are expected to be volunteers at the restaurant.

The JBJ Soul Kitchen has, however, served over 105,893 meals and according to Kitchen’s website, about 54% of those meals are paid for with donations while the remaining 46% were earned by volunteering

While people who are struggling financially are given priority, the restaurant works with a first-come-first-served principle and patrons are not permitted to reserve a table for anyone in advance.

In January 2019, the kitchen which offers three courses inspired by local American cuisine gave out free meals to government workers and family members who were affected by the government’s shutdown.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *